phpBB3 Topic/Post Reactions (like,love,hate)

Extensions in Development[DEV]
Forum rules
Extensions in this forum should be tested locally. ;)
Steve
Site Admin
Reactions: 63

Re: phpBB3 Topic/Post Reactions (like,love,hate)

Post by Steve » 06 Jun 2017, 16:13

Possibly in the future :thumb:
Find: water
Replace with: beer

SHTFM
Donator
Reactions: 1

Post by SHTFM » 06 Jun 2017, 22:47

Steve wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 15:01
What are the values set for these below, found in Acp > Quick Access > php info or on your server php.ini file.

max_execution_time
max_input_time
memory_limit
max_execution_time 120 120
max_input_time 120 120
memory_limit 768M 768M

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » 07 Jun 2017, 09:22

Extension updated

Updating from version 0.5.5-dev to 0.5.6-dev:
  • Back up the original extension files.
  • Disable the extension via ACP -> Customise -> Manage extensions.
  • Delete the extension’s files from the filesystem.
  • Upload the new files.
  • Enable the extension.
  • Purge Cache!!
  • Test the new version of the extension!
Version 0.5.6-dev:
  • Fixed:
    • Displaying disabled reaction types.
  • Improvements:
    • Post reaction page.
    • HTML /CSS in view topic.
    • Adding/updating and deleting reactions.
  • Added:
    • 1 to the 5 to make 6 in the version numbering :P
Download link in 1st post.
1 Image

Smorawski

Post by Smorawski » 29 Jun 2017, 00:03

Hi Steve..
what a wonderful extension!!

But... if it possible in future too select position of the like button ?
i mean.. people read a full post to end, then they need to scroll up again to add a like.
i think the position is better in the end at each post.

sorry for my english guys
1 Image

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » 29 Jun 2017, 06:38

I can add that in the next version :thumb:
1 Image

Smorawski

Post by Smorawski » 29 Jun 2017, 14:18

Steve wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 06:38
I can add that in the next version :thumb:
Great !!

va-spb
Reactions: 0

Post by va-spb » 24 Jul 2017, 07:21

Hello, Steve!
Very much the right extension, thank you!

Is it possible to hide the icon if there are no reactions (zero)?
if 0 reaction.jpg
0 reaction.jpg

Is it possible to hide the total number of reactions, if only one type of reaction?
1 reaction.jpg
if 1 reaction.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » 24 Jul 2017, 07:30

Yes the count was over looked and will be fixed in the next release 👍🏻
1 Image

Tenzel Kim
Reactions: 0

Post by Tenzel Kim » 14 Aug 2017, 21:36

Just tried the Test Post Reactions extension on my own forum and really liking it so far.

I have a couple of questions though. Sorry, if you've already answered elsewhere.

On the group permissions you have an option named "Can disable Topic/Post Reactions Extension". Am I right in assuming that this give the individual users the ability to turn the extension off for them and them alone? If you disable it do you still see the reactions or does it mean you can view the forums without ever seeing the reactions?

Also I'm assuming the "Can delete Reactions" refers only to your own reactions and not to other users reactions to your posts. Is that right?

In the user control panel you have: "Enable Foe reactions: Allow Users who currently have you on their Foes list to react to your Posts?" Does this mean that posters that you have on your foe list can still react to your posts? I'd understand if posters would not be interested in seeing what their foes think of their posts, but if they have you on their foe list I doubt they'd be interested in engaging with you in any way.

If you disable "Enable Topic (or Post) Reactions by default" can you still enable them in your individual posts or do you have to do it the other way around. Enabling them and then disabling it for each of your posts that you don't want reactions to"?

Finally, I have a small suggestion. On the "view reactions" page might it be an idea to show the subject header of the posts that the recent reactions link to, so that you not only know that a subject has gotten a bunch of reactions but also have an idea what kind of post it is. Would be useful if you generally avoid political threads for instance or if you love threads about movies or something.

Once again thank your for this extension. Looking forward to seeing what the users on my forum think of it.

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » 14 Aug 2017, 21:51

Tenzel Kim wrote:
14 Aug 2017, 21:36
Just tried the Test Post Reactions extension on my own forum and really liking it so far.

I have a couple of questions though. Sorry, if you've already answered elsewhere.

On the group permissions you have an option named "Can disable Topic/Post Reactions Extension". Am I right in assuming that this give the individual users the ability to turn the extension off for them and them alone? If you disable it do you still see the reactions or does it mean you can view the forums without ever seeing the reactions?
It gives the user the ability to disable the extension, not seeing reactions or have the ability to react.
Also I'm assuming the "Can delete Reactions" refers only to your own reactions and not to other users reactions to your posts. Is that right?
Yes delete their reaction to a post.
In the user control panel you have: "Enable Foe reactions: Allow Users who currently have you on their Foes list to react to your Posts?" Does this mean that posters that you have on your foe list can still react to your posts? I'd understand if posters would not be interested in seeing what their foes think of their posts, but if they have you on their foe list I doubt they'd be interested in engaging with you in any way.
If a user has you on his foes list this option will not allow them to react to your posts as they will more than likely just apply negative reactions, mad thumbs down etc...
If you disable "Enable Topic (or Post) Reactions by default" can you still enable them in your individual posts or do you have to do it the other way around. Enabling them and then disabling it for each of your posts that you don't want reactions to"?
Yes just select the option again on the posting page under the reactions tab.
Finally, I have a small suggestion. On the "view reactions" page might it be an idea to show the subject header of the posts that the recent reactions link to, so that you not only know that a subject has gotten a bunch of reactions but also have an idea what kind of post it is. Would be useful if you generally avoid political threads for instance or if you love threads about movies or something.

Once again thank your for this extension. Looking forward to seeing what the users on my forum think of it.
Ok and thanks
2 Image